Welcome to Annual Meeting 2012!
- Latest updates are listed below. Click excerpt titles to view full updates with links, photos, and videos.
Some of the highlights from Session 4 include the passing of resolutions that “public funding of public education be limited to secular schools” and that “ETFO, through OTF, lobby the Ministry of Education to eliminate EQAO testing.”
Annual Meeting will resume tomorrow morning at 8:45 a.m. Some of the highlights of Session 5 will include:
- an address by CTF President Paul Taillefer
- an address by Ian Troop, CEO of the 2015 Pan Am Games, and
- continued debate and voting on resolutions.
After a well-deserved lunch break the delegates to the ETFO Annual Meeting continue with the business of the Annual Meeting during Session #4.
On tap this afternoon is:
- the ETFO Awards ceremony,
- continued debate on constitution, bylaw, and policy resolutions, and
- Francine Leblanc-Lebel, President of the Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF),
- consideration of OTF resolutions.
Another full afternoon for the delegates!
One of the highlights of the ETFO Annual Meeting is the annual awards ceremony. During this special ceremony ETFO recognizes individuals for the incredible work that they do in education and the community.
The members of the Awards Committee work diligetly throughout the year to determine the award winners.
The full list of 2011-2012 Award Winners is:
Aboriginal Women in Education Bursary – WP:
- Tara Hedican, Upper Grand Occasional Teacher Local
- Tanya Leary, York Region Teacher Local
- Bobbie Jo Lovell, Waterloo Occasional Teacher Local
- Nadine Solomon, Non-member
Arts and Culture Award:
- Soah Lu, Elementary Teachers of Toronto Local
Curriculum Development… Continue reading